Standard Terms and Conditions
Rev. September 10, 2012
$100.00 – Orders with a pre tax value below $100 will have a $10 handling charge applied on the invoice.
Payment Terms O.A.C.
1. With all new customers, the first order is always Prepaid or C.O.D. where practical.
2. As Save Energy does not sell direct, it will not accept orders from certain customers i.e. end-users, contractors or persons deemed to order material for Save Energy’s competitors.
3. Total invoice amount is due in 30 days and no holdbacks are allowed for any reason whatsoever.
4. 2% per month service charge is applied to all invoices over 45 days past due.
5. On all “Special Order” and “Custom Work” and all non-standard options, a deposit of up to 50% is required with PO. No materials will be ordered or work will commence until deposit is received.
6. With orders that exceed Customer’s credit limit, the difference between customer’s credit limit and the order value including taxes and shipping, must be paid prior to shipment release.
Delivery Charges and Limitation of Liability
1. Ontario, Quebec: Prepaid shipment to Major Hubs if purchase order amount is greater than $1,000.00 (CAD)
2. Rest of Canada: Prepaid shipment to Major Hubs on PO amount greater than $2,000.00 (CAD). “Beyond point” deliveries may incur additional charges
3. U.S.A: Prepaid shipment if purchase order amount is greater than $3,000 (USD). Applies to all regions of continental U.S.A.
4. All shipments are Ex-Works Save Energy plant, office or a distribution point. Save Energy’s responsibility ceases when material is picked up by a forwarder
5. Save Energy can not, and will not be held liable for any delays in delivery for any reason whatsoever
1. NO RETURNS on “Custom”, “Special Order” or any other non-standard items, “Final Sale” goods, third-party items or modified luminaires
2. Goods are not to be returned without Save Energy’s prior consent and authorization number
3. Goods cannot be returned past 6 months from the date of invoice
4. Returned goods or POs cancelled for any reason whatsoever are subject to a 30% re-stocking charge (minimum $100.00)
5. Customer is responsible for the freight costs of the returned goods
6. If customer wishes to exchange for equal or greater value of goods, 25% re-stocking charge can be waived subject to:
- 5% administrative charge on the invoice value
- customer will carry the freight costs of both the returned goods and delivery of the exchanged goods
1. Credit notes can only be applied to future purchase of goods sold by Save Energy Lighting Ltd. and cannot be offset against payment of outstanding invoices
2. Credit notes are valid for six (6) months from the date of issue. After the credit note has expired, it is no longer valid. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the credit note is redeemed before the expiry date
3. Credit notes are not redeemable for cash
1. See the Warranty Statement